New TAIR website release

Lukas Mueller mueller at acoma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Dec 6 20:05:15 EST 2000

December 6, 2000.

New TAIR website release

http://www.arabidopsis.org

We are pleased to announce the release of TAIR's new website. In addition
to a complete redesign, we have implemented several new functionalities.

Features of the new site include:

- An improved and simplified navigation structure. The site is now clearly
divided into six sections: TAIR Database, Tools, Arabidopsis Information,
News, External Links, and FTP site.

- A toolbar: Located at the top of every page, the toolbar allows users to
move easily between the different sections. The toolbar also includes a
site search box for locating information on the TAIR web pages, and a
general database search box for quick access to information stored in the
database.

- Fully searchable community information, integrated into the database.

- Other functionalities - Searchable FAQs, Extended help pages, and Job
Postings.

- Access to TAIR database development documentation and schema.

To reach the new site, point your browser to http://www.arabidopsis.org/
and click on the "Try our new, redesigned web-site!" link. The old site
will be maintained for another six months. During this transition, please
change your bookmarks to point to the new pages.

Please note that we will continue to improve the new website. Send your
suggestions or error reports to: curator at arabidopsis.org.

Best regards

TAIR

Acknowledgements
AtDB's Illustra database: AtDB's Illustra Database went offline on
November 17, 2000. We would like to thank Mike Cherry, Gail Binkley, and
Mark Schroeder at SGD for keeping up AtDB's Illustra Database since the
AtDB project ended. Their incredible support and generosity were essential
for the smooth transition from AtDB to TAIR.