Arabidopsis Seed counting

C. Robertson McClung C.Robertson.McClung at Dartmouth.EDU
Thu Dec 7 17:14:02 EST 2000

--- You wrote:
just tell me the answer--I am lazy but curious.  Is it the volume of our solar
system or what?
--- end of quote ---

Well, when I sent that back to Brian I did not realize it went to the
whole group--I thought I had replied just to him.  However, let me
elaborate.

First, Brian says that the volume of one mole of Arabidopsis seed
(ecotype Columbia, I think) is
"a cube 16 miles on each side full of Arabidopsis seeds
will contain 1 mole of seed."

Second, typically, I misread his inital posting and I calculated the
weight of a mole of seed to be 1 x 10 to the 19th g.

rob