to all Arabidopsis community

David Galbraith dgalbrai at ag.Arizona.EDU
Mon Dec 11 08:36:15 EST 2000

Dan Cosgrove and I discussed the disturbing use of non-SI units on the
cover of your special issue of Plant Physiology (a "milestone" in Plant
Biology), particularly considering the contributions provided by the non
US-scientific community to the arabidopsis genome sequence!

We propose a clarification to indicate that one milestone equals
approximately 10.4 kilometer kilograms.  For the situation in England, 6.5
mile kilograms might prove more intuitive....

Best wishes

David Galbraith