Postdoc and research positions in transgenic crop protection

Raffi V. Aroian raroian at ucsd.edu
Tue Feb 1 16:38:04 EST 2000

Postdoctoral and research associate positions are immediately available to
work on understanding the molecular pathways utilized by organic toxins to
control agricultural pests.  Our laboratory has an exciting group involved
in characterizing widely used  natural Bt toxins.  Our current and future
work includes using transgenic plants to study the efficacy of toxins on
plant-parasitic nematodes, using C. elegans as a model organism to study
the molecular genetics of toxin action, and searching for new, natural
nematocidal toxins.  Applicants must have a strong background in molecular
biology.  Previous experience working with plants or nematodes desired.
Both positions are for at least two years, with the second year contingent
on satisfactory progress.

Our laboratory is located on the campus of the University of California,
San Diego in an excellent academic environment with a strong presence in
plant biology and surrounded by dynamic biotech industries.  Send or fax
your application, including cover letter, CV, and contacts for three
references, to: Dr. Raffi V. Aroian, Department of Biology, University of
California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093-0349, telephone (858) 822-1396;
fax (858) 822-2003; email raroian at ucds.edu.
______________________________
Raffi V. Aroian, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Biology, 0349
University of California, San Diego
La Jolla, CA  92093-0349  USA
* FOR FEDEX PLEASE INCLUDE: Attn. Bonner Hall 4417

Tel. 858-822-1396
Fax. 858-822-2003
email: raroian at ucsd.edu
http://www-biology.ucsd.edu/labs/aroian/