control methods for insect pests

Carol Horsman carolh at pi.csiro.au
Mon Feb 21 22:40:56 EST 2000

We have been having problems controlling two-spotted mites and fungus gnats
in our Arabidopsis growth rooms.  We know that Natrol and Resmethrin can be
used to control fungus gnats however they are not available in Australia
(as far as we know). I was wondering if (a) anyone knows what we can use to
control the mites (preferably a bomb not a spray) (b) does anyone know
where we can get Natrol and/or Resmethrin, and if not what else could we
use to control the fungus gnats. If anyone knows anything that could help
us, could you please e-mail me (my e-mail address is carolh at pi.csiro.au).
Thanks.