microarray postdoc position

Ian Graham iag1 at cnap.york.ac.uk
Mon Feb 28 13:39:33 EST 2000

We are currently establishing The Plant Genome Facility as part of the new
Centre for Novel Agricultural Products at The University of York. We are
using a combination of bioinformatics, microarray technology, reverse and
forward genetics and metabolite profiling to discover genes involved in
regulating primary and secondary metabolism in plants.

Applications are invited from an experienced postdoctoral research
assistant to establish and use the microarray facility (MWG sample prep
robot, Biorobotics Arraying Robot and Axon Scanner) to characterise gene
expression profiles in the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana. For example,
microarray analysis, in combination with metabolite profiling and
bioinformatics, will be used to characterise mutants that are disrupted in
specific aspects of plant metabolism.

Essential requirements: a strong background in molecular biology ideally
with experience in aspects of method development relating to automated
sequencing, polymerase chain reaction or microarrays.

The position will be funded for 2 years in the first instance, start date
will be 1 April 2000 or as soon as possible thereafter. Salary will be in
the range £16,286 to £24,479 per annum.

The closing date for applications is Thursday 9 March 2000.

Further Details and Instructions on How to Apply can be obtained at the
following URL:
http://www.york.ac.uk/admin/persnl/jobs/6015.htm

Ian Graham,
Centre for Novel Agricultural Products
Department of Biology, University of York

Mailing Address
CNAP
Central Science Laboratory,
Sand Hutton,