number of expressed genes in the meristem?

David Horvath horvathd at
Tue Jan 11 12:03:56 EST 2000

Hi, our group has recently embarked on a project to develop an EST
collection from underground adventitious buds which have been induced to
grow (previous studies showing cell cycle just getting started in these
buds).  I am curious as to just how many genes we could expect to be
expressed in this tissue.  With the recent work using microchips, I am
hoping that a reasonable estimate may be made.  Any info or ideas will
be appreciated.