single colony PCR

Peter L. Schuerman schuermanp at missouri.edu
Fri Jan 14 16:54:16 EST 2000

Can anyone recommend a good method for single-colony PCR that is more
elaborate than simply using cells directly in the reaction?  In
particular, I'd be interested in a method that works for
Agrobacterium.  In my experience directly adding cells works well for
E.coli but I have been getting poor amplification and inconsistent
results when I have tried this with Agrobacterium.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Peter L. Schuerman

Department of Biosciences
109 Tucker Hall
University of Missouri at Columbia
Columbia, MO 65211

office: schuermanp at missouri.edu           home: schuerman at biosci.org
      "Who walks with truth, generates life." - Sumerian proverb