Postdoc and research assoc positions available

Raffi Aroian raroian at ucsd.edu
Sun Jan 30 19:45:50 EST 2000

Academic Positions in Protein Toxins and Nematode Control

Postdoctoral and research associate positions are currently available to
work on understanding the molecular pathways utilized by organic toxins
to control agricultural pests.  Our laboratory has an exciting group
involved in characterizing widely used  natural toxins.  Our current and
future work includes transgenic plant studies to determine the efficacy
of toxins on parasitic nematodes, using C. elegans as a model organism
to study the molecular genetics of toxin action, and searching for new
natural toxins.  Applicants must have a good background in molecular
biology.  Experience working with plants strongly desired.

Our laboratory is located on the beautiful campus of the University of
California, San Diego in an excellent academic environment with a strong
presence in plant biology and surrounded by dynamic biotech industries.
Send or fax your application, including cover letter, CV, and contacts
for three references, to: Dr. Raffi V. Aroian, Department of Biology,
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093-0349, telephone
(858) 822-1396; fax (858) 822-2003.