Postdoctoral and PhD positions in plant molecular biology

Nobody nobody at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Jul 10 09:10:22 EST 2000

We are studying the regulation of cell fate in the shoot meristem at the
molecular and cellular level. We are currently located at the Center of
Plant Molecular Biology in Tuebingen, Germany but will move to the
University of Freiburg, Germany within the next year. We are seeking
outstanding candidates at the postdoctoral and PhD student level.

The postdoctoral position is available immediately to study the
establishment of stem cells during embryogenesis. Successful candidates
should be highly motivated individuals with a strong background in
molecular biology.

A PhD position is available immediately to study the role of the WUSCHEL
gene in shoot meristem development. Successful candidates should be highly
motivated individuals with experience in molecular biology and genetics. A
PhD degree is obtained approximately within three years, for which full
salary is provided.

To apply, please send a short CV, a brief statement of research experience a=
nd
research interests, and the names and email addresses of three referees to
Thomas Laux by email (thomas.laux at uni-tuebingen.de).

=46or further information please visit our homepage or refer to our recent
publications:

Moussian, B., Schoof, H., Haecker, A., J=FCrgens, G. and Laux, T. (1998).
Role of the ZLL gene in the regulation of central shoot meristem cell fate
during Arabidopsis embryogenesis. EMBO J. 17, 1799-1809.

Mayer, K.F.X, Schoof, H., Haecker, A., Lenhard, M., J=FCrgens, G. and Laux,
T. (1998). Role of WUSCHEL in regulating stem cell fate in the Arabidopsis
shoot meristem. Cell 95, 805-815.

Schoof, H., Lenhard, M., Haecker,.A., Mayer, K.F.M.; J=FCrgens, G., and Laux=
,
T. (2000) The stem cell population of Arabidopsis shoot meristems is
maintained by a regulatory loop between the CLAVATA and WUSCHEL genes. Cell
100, 635-644.

Dr. Thomas Laux
ZMBP-Center of Plant Molecular Biology
Entwicklungsgenetik