A.t: GENOME

Keith Bradnam keith at thale.life.nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jul 11 04:47:34 EST 2000

On 10 Jul 2000, SURAJ MUKATIRA wrote:

>  Hi netters,
>  	I have a summer project which involves finding out the percentage
>  of genes in the Arabidopsis genome encoding for transcription factors. Is
>  there any information already available in the web ? If not can anyone
>  help me get a start on what I believe will be long search (I intend
>  to start by queerying the database with family names of t.factors !).....

The Arabidopsis Genome Resource (AGR) might be able to help you a bit.
There are some 120 annotated genes which have 'transcription factor' in
their description.

Go to ukcrop.net/agr/ and type 'transcription factor' in the search box
and you will see a list of all objects in the database that contain the
words 'transcription factor'.

Or select 'Gene Product' from one of the drop-down menus on this page, and
on the resulting page type '*transcription*' in the search box to list
only those gene products that contain the word 'transcription'.

Hope this helps.

Keith B.

~  Keith Bradnam - Developer, Arabidopsis Genome Resource (AGR)
~  Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre - http://nasc.nott.ac.uk/
~  University Park, University of Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
~  Tel: (0115) 951 3091