User fee increases for ABRC and NASC stocks

Randy Scholl scholl.1 at osu.edu
Thu Jul 13 14:01:24 EST 2000

Dear Arabidopsis Researchers:

The Arabidopsis Biological Resource Center (ABRC) and the Nottingham
Arabidopsis Stock Centre (NASC) have been assessing user fees to partially
recover operational costs since April 1997.  The fees collected have not
changed since their inception.  However, it is now necessary to increase
both the annual laboratory fees as well as the fees associated with
individual sets of stocks.  These increases will assist us in providing a
continued high level of service and manage the increasing numbers of stocks
of our collections.

Both the annual fees and individual fees for all stocks will be increased
25% to academic users, effective July 13, 2000.

Two additional aspects of the new fee structure are as follows: Fees
charged by both centers to commercial users will be three times those
assessed to academic users; and 2) The ABRC's annual DNA user fee for
International laboratories is increased by 75% from the initial levels to
defray shipping costs.

Details of the user fees can be found on our Web pages, provided at the end
of this message.  We appreciate your continued cooperation and support.
Feel free to contact us if you have questions.

Sincerely,

Randy Scholl, ABRC
Sean May, NASC

ABRC ordering/contact information: