His-tagging proteins expressed in plants

Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury hroychow at nmsu.edu
Mon Jul 24 21:07:31 EST 2000

The recent collection of the pCAMBIA series of vectors seem suitable for
something like this. I have not come across any paper describing the
expression (then again, I have not been looking for such things), but a few
of these CAMBIA vectors also come with C-terminal His tags. We are planning
to get the whole set. Should be interesting...

At 09:20 PM 7/21/00 +0100, Thomas Leustek wrote:
><x-flowed>Dear All,
>
>Has anyone ever tried His-Tagging a protein for expression in transgenic
>Arabidopsis?
>
>I am interested in using the His-Tag for immunocytological localization
>experiments with anti-His-tag antibodies.
>
>I would also like to use the His-Tag as a means to affinity purify the
>protein. (Killing two birds with one stone)
>
>Any comments would be appreciated.
>
>Sincerely,
>Tom Leustek
>
>Thomas Leustek
>Associate Professor
>Rutgers University
>Biotechnology Center for Agriculture and the Environment
>59 Dudley Road
>New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901-8520
>Telephone: (732)932-8165, extension 326
>Fax: (732)932-0312