Leaf morphogenesis, Post doc and USA

H. Tsukaya tsukaya at nibb.ac.jp
Thu Jul 27 02:27:41 EST 2000

Possible candidates for a postdoctoral fellow who will apply the "JSPS
Postdoctoral
Fellowship (Short-term) for US Researchers" in Japan are searched for.

Now Japan Society for the Science Promotion (JSPS) is searching for
post-doc candidates
from US who wish to study in Japanese institutes (see
http://www.jsps.go.jp/e-fellow/fellow/us2001.htm). It will cover:
            1.A round-trip air ticket for the Fellow only.
            2.A monthly maintenance stipend of 270,000yen
            3.A settling-in allowance of 200,000yen
            4.A monthly housing subsidy of 72,000yen
            5.A monthly family allowance of 50,000yen if accompanied by
dependents, and
            6.Accident and sickness insurance coverage for the Fellow only.
  Besides it, we will pay for the research expense. Although the research
period in Japan is
rather short (less than 12 months, more than 3 months), if you are
interested in molecular
genetic studies in our laboratory on leaf development, contact me via
e-mail after checking
our latest papers cited below. The possible candidate should have strong
motive force in
studying in the area of leaf development or evo/devo of leaf morphology.
Ref.
Kim et al. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., USA, 99: 9433-9437.
Kim et al. (1998) Genes & Dev. 12: 2381-2391.
Tsukaya (1997) Development. 124: 1275-1280.

Please contact before 20 August to:

Hirokazu Tsukaya, Ph.D.
(Associate Professor)
National Institute for Basic Biology