Antibodies against peptides??

Jagreet Kaur jagreet at
Wed Jun 7 03:02:02 EST 2000

I am working with a gene which is a member of a multigene family
(4 Putative homologues acc to the database search) I want to design a
specific antibody against my protein.I was told that it is possible to
raise specific antibodies against small  peptides too:
But I donot know how to select for this peptide from my protein sequence.
  - Can I use hydrophilicity /hydrophobicity values derived using
Dolittle's method to decide upon which peptide sequence would be good to
-How long a peptide is generally used for such purposes ?
_Are there any programs which can predict the  antigenicity of a given
Any kind of help and suggestions regarding this problem would be greatly

Thanks .
Jagreet Kaur