good antibody sources for GAL4 BD and AD domain

Alex Brands abbrands at artsci.wustl.edu
Fri Jun 9 11:02:43 EST 2000

On 9 Jun 2000 hongyong at gate.sinica.edu.tw wrote:

>  Dear Arabidopsis researchers:
>
>  wondering who may know a good sources for GAL4 BD and AD domain antibodies
>  that can be used to examine expression of AD BD fusions in yeast cells?  we
>  tried monoclone antibodies from clontech, and found out the detection
>  sensitivity is quite low.  Thanks!

Not only that, but their price is outrageous.  I was searching for the
same thing a few weeks ago, and found:

http://www.santacruzbiotechnology.com/

Enter GAL4 in "Search our Catalog", and several GAL4 antibodies will pop
up.  I haven't used any of them, but they give journal references that
have figures showing data obtained by using their antibodies.

Good Luck,

Alex Brands