cDNA Macroarrays ?

Moez TORKI torki at
Wed Jun 14 01:07:45 EST 2000

Dear all,

I am planning to study the expression of genes from tomato by macroarrays
technology. I would like to counsel with you about :

(1) what cDNA construction kit would most suitable for that purpose ?
(Stratagene, Gibco, Clonetech...) ?

(2) What would be the method of choice for library normalization ? (any
published refernce would be fine)

(3) What would be the membrane of choice for spotting the templates >

(4) Is it needed to cnvert the library into plasmid library for the
screening or would it be enough to perform PCR reactions from individual
phage clones ?

Thanks for taking the time to sharing your experience. I will summarize all
relevant replies.
Best Regards,

Moez TORKI, Eng., Ph.D.
University of Tsukuba,
Institute of Agriculture and Forestry,
Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8572, JAPAN

+81 (0) 298 53 7262 / +81 (0) 298 53 4710 (phone)
+81 (0) 298 53 6617 (fax)
torki at (email)
The World : Once thought to be Flat, then Proved to be Round. Now it's
quite definitely Web Shaped....