Q:Abscisic and Jasmonic acid treatments

Alan Smith smitam01 at holmes.ipfw.edu
Tue May 2 17:22:28 EST 2000

We are planning to treat Arabidopsis with Abscisic and Jasmonic acid to
test for changes in gene expression.  We are new to treating plants by
spraying hormones.  What form of Abscisic acid is the standard to use
when spraying plants?  Should we use the natural and very expensive
(+)-cis,trans form or does everyone use inexpensive the (+/-) racemic
form?  Every paper I have reviewed for methods of spraying ABA or
Jasmonic acid does not designate what form was sprayed.  Any advice
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Alan Smith