Q:Abscisic and Jasmonic acid treatments

Hicham ZEGZOUTI zegzouti at nature.berkeley.edu
Tue May 2 19:34:11 EST 2000

<x-rich>Hi Alan,

I don't have any experience with Jasmonic acid but I treated tomato
plants with ABA and this is what I did:

For the ABA experiment, tomato plants of about 30 cm high were treated
with 100 microM ABA (Mixed

isomers, Sigma) both by spraying the aerial parts and by watering.
Plants were harvested 4 h after the ABA treatment. (<italic>Plant

I hope it will help you

>We are planning to treat Arabidopsis with Abscisic and Jasmonic acid

>test for changes in gene expression.  We are new to treating plants

>spraying hormones.  What form of Abscisic acid is the standard to use

>when spraying plants?  Should we use the natural and very expensive

>(+)-cis,trans form or does everyone use inexpensive the (+/-) racemic

>form?  Every paper I have reviewed for methods of spraying ABA or

>Jasmonic acid does not designate what form was sprayed.  Any advice

>would be greatly appreciated.

>Thank You

>Alan Smith

      Dr. Hicham ZEGZOUTI 	             Phone (1) 510 642 0404

      361 koshland hall	             Fax       (1) 510 642 4995

      Department of Plant and

      Microbial Biology

      University of California Berkeley          zegzouti at nature.berkeley.edu

      Berkeley  CA  94720