Looking for starch-excess mutants other than sex1-1

Nam-Chon Paek ncpaek at plaza.snu.ac.kr
Wed May 3 21:47:17 EST 2000

Dear Arabinettors,

There was something wrong in my Outlook Express Mail, so I am rewriting
the previous
message through Netscape Mail system.

I am looking for someone that has the strach-excess mutants (not sex1-1)
to study the
mechanisms of floral organ formation. I have used the sex1-1 mutant
obtained from AIMS at
OSU and I got some meaningful results with sex1-1 (starch excess1)
mutant. In the absence of
a regulatory gene, SEX1 plays an important role in determining the right
expression of ABC
genes in floral meristem . However, I do not know at this moment whether
starch
over-accumulation by sex1 mutation or other regulatory functions of SEX1
gene controls the
ABC functions during floral organ formation. It will be greatly helpful
to verifying the above two
possibilities if I can make double mutants with other starch-excess
mutants. Your kind donation
will be greatly appreciated whenever I can publish with your
starch-excess mutants. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Nam-Chon
---------------------------