post-translational protein trafficking into ER?

yoel and adaia shiboleth shibolet at mishkei.org.il
Fri May 5 15:27:26 EST 2000

Hi all
I'm looking for information on post-translational ER localization
signals in plants (I don't mean retention signals like KDEL/HDEL). Can
an N' ER localization signal on a normally co-translated protein cause
it to "migrate" to the ER lumen after being fully translated on a free
polysome (non ER bound)? Have any of these proteins been microinjected
into the cytoplasm?
Any known examples or references will be greatly appreciated.
Yoel
Shibolet at mishkei.org.il