Arabidopsis growth rooms

Robert Sablowski Robert.Sablowski at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu May 11 05:15:50 EST 2000

Dear Colleagues,

We are planning to build a set of low-tech (low-cost) growth rooms for
Arabidopsis. The type we want would contain a few racks, each with four
shelves, each shelf large enough to fit about ten to twelve 40 X 30 cm
trays. Could anyone suggest designs that have proven successful (dimensions,
type of ventilation, lights, distance between shelves etc)? One of our
concerns at the moment is that some designs can create substantial
differences in ventilation and temperature between  shelves. I will
be grateful for any suggestions and lessons from other people's experiences.
I will post a summary of the replies.

Thanks

Robert Sablowski

Dr. Robert Sablowski
Molecular Genetics Dept.- John Innes Centre
Norwich NR4 7UH
United Kingdom

Phone 44-1603-450530
FAX     44-1603-450045