Meeting: Signals, Sensing and Plant Primary Metabolism

Bernd Mueller-Roeber Mueller at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Mon May 15 12:19:33 EST 2000

Dear All,
on behalf of the organizing committee I am pleased to inform you about the
following meeting:

´Signals, Sensing and Plant Primary Metabolism´

which will take place from October 4th to 7th, 2000, at the historical
center of the Potsdam University, Sanssouci (close to Berlin / Germany).

Invited speakers include:
John F. Allen, A.J.E. van Bel, Gloria Coruzzi, Paul Falkowski, Ulf-Ingo
Flügge, Nigel G. Halford, Alfred R. Holzwarth, Robert Huber, William J.
Lucas, Cathy Martin, Lee McIntosh, Ralf Oelmüller, Harald Paulsen, Colin
Robinson, Jean-David Rochaix, Norbert Sauer, Sjef Smeekens, Uwe Sonnewald,
Mark Stitt

Additional speakers will be selected, e.g. from the poster abstracts
submitted.

The meeting will cover the following TOPICS:
Energy conversion and signalling:
Redox signalling, assembly of the photo-synthetic apparatus, structure and
function of light-harvesting complexes, photoregulation
Metabolite sensing and gene expression:
Amino acid sensing and signaling, sugar metabolism and sensing, interacting
signal transduction pathways, mitochondrial signals regulating gene
expression
Cell-cell / sink-source interactions:
Regulation of assimilate partitioning in plants, role of transport proteins,
the function of plasmodesmata, sink-source interactions

Please check http://www.biologie.hu-berlin.de/genetics/SFB_429/symp1.html
for further details.

We are looking forward to your participation!

Sincerely yours,
Bernd Mueller-Roeber

NEW ADDRESS:

Prof. Dr. Bernd Mueller-Roeber
Universität Potsdam
Institut für Biochemie und Molekulare Physiologie
Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 25, Haus 20
D-14476 Golm / Potsdam, Germany

Please still use my old telefone and email links (until I am fully
established at the university)

phone: ++49-331-977-2810 / ++49-331-5678-153
fax:       ++49-331-567-8408
mailto:mueller at mpimp-golm.mpg.de