how to regenerate shoot from callus?

chen qian chenqian at igt.ac.cn
Thu May 18 01:56:46 EST 2000

Hi:
   I am graduate student majoring plant molecular biology. And I am doing
research work on trangenic Arabidopsis. Now my problem is the calluses
couldn't produce shoot after being cultured on the shoot induce medium
(CIM) for nearly one and half months. And the component of CIM I used
is:  ARA salts,2-ip(5mg/l),IAA(0.15mg/L). Another thing i have to
mention is that I have put the excised roots from the Arabidopsis on the
callus induce medium for 2 weeks while they should only be put on CIM
for 4 days accordings to the previous article. I have to defense my
thesis in this July, so I have no chance to get more trangenic callus!
Would anyone help me solve this problem? Thank you very much!
                                                 chenqian
                                                 5/18/2000