5' UTR's in At

Sue Rhee rhee at acoma.Stanford.EDU
Fri May 19 12:29:07 EST 2000

 From the Arabidopsis UTRs in GenBank, (of which there are about ~450), the
average size for 5'UTR is 131 bp and that for 3'UTR is 198 bp. The
distribution is pretty interesting (much more variable for the 5'UTR).

Please note that this info is not in TAIR yet. We're currently developing
the database to house this type of sequence info so that you should be
able to get the information yourself from querying the db. We hope to be
able to set it up by Sept.

Anyone interested in the files I used to get the average size, please let
me know & and I can send them as attachments.

Cheers,
Sue

Sue Rhee                         	rhee at acoma.stanford.edu
The Arabidopsis Information Resource	URL: www.arabidopsis.org
Carnegie Institution of Washington	FAX: +1-650-325-6857
Department of Plant Biology		Tel: +1-650-325-1521 ext. 251
260 Panama St.
Stanford, CA 94305
U.S.A.
Please note that the AtDB project has officially ended and will go
offline soon. It is replaced by TAIR (The Arabidopsis Information
Resource). Please update your AtDB bookmarks to TAIR
(www.arabidopsis.org) at your earliest convenience.