Doctoral thesis

Nobody nobody at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Nov 3 08:45:30 EST 2000

A position for a doctoral thesis (three years) is available at the ZMBP
(Centre for Plant Molecular Biology) at the University of Tuebingen in
the research group of Thomas Schmuelling. Our research interest are
different aspects of the mode of action of the plant hormone cytokinin.
Main research tools are transgenic plants with an enhanced or reduced
capacity to synthesise cytokinins, Arabidopsis mutants of the cytokinin
response pathway and the identification and functional analysis of
differentially expressed genes. A wide spectrum of methods of molecular
biology, genetics and biochemistry is used. Please visit our hompage
http://www.uni-tuebingen.de/genetics/schmuelling.htm to obtain more
detailed informations. The project is part of a special research
programme on the molecular mechanisms of plant hormone action supported
by the German science foundation (DFG). Payment according to national
standard for PhD students. The successful candidate has preferably a
background in plants and experience with molecular biology and
Arabidopsis. We use English and German language in the lab, and
sometimes French. Please send applications preferably via mail to Dr. T.
Schm=FClling, ZMPB-Allgemeine Genetik, Universit=E4t T=FCbingen, Auf der
Morgenstelle 28, D-72076 T=FCbingen, Germany, or via e-mail to
thomas.schmuelling at uni-tuebingen.de