RNAi questions

Jon Monroe monroejd at jmu.edu
Mon Nov 6 10:20:37 EST 2000

<x-flowed>Last week I asked about constructing RNAi plasmids.  Specifically, I
wondered about any requirements for the direction of the stem
segments (AS/S or S/AS), and the length/nature of the loop separating

Unfortunately the most common reply was:

>I have the same questions.  Will you summarize the responses...?

I did learn that a dsRNA vector is available from the Plant Chromatin
group at the U of Arizona:

>(http://ag.arizona.edu/chromatin/fgc1008.html).  They have a vector
>available for RNAi and are working on an improved, second generation

This doesn't answer the questions but may be helpful.

If anyone has more to offer, even theoretical advice, we're all
eyes...  Thanks.

   Jonathan D. Monroe           	    Associate Professor
   Department of Biology, MSC 7801   office: 540-568-6649
   James Madison University	      fax: 540-568-3333
   Harrisonburg, VA 22807   	email: monroejd at jmu.edu