growing Arabidopsis in growth chambers

Joanne Golden goldj0 at uleth.ca
Wed Nov 8 14:28:59 EST 2000

We are trying to germinate and grow Arabidopsis plants in Conviron
growth chambers (Model E15) and have tried the following light
conditions:
1) setting fluorescent 2: incandescent 4,  intensity  ~130 umol/m/sec
2) setting fluorescent 2: incandescent 2, intensity ~130 umol/m/sec

Neither setting has worked well for our plant germination (we suspect
red/far-red problems) and we would appreciate advice on the relative
settings of fluorescent and incandescent lights used by other
Arabiodpsis growers.

Thanks,
Joanne Golden