Postdoctoral Fellow

Bob Fischer fischer at nature.berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 14 21:15:39 EST 2000

A position for a Postdoctoral Associate is available in the laboratory
of Dr. Robert Fischer in the Department of Plant and Microbial Biology,
University of California, Berkeley.

We are studying the Arabidopsis AINTEGUMENTA (ANT) gene that controls
plant organ size and fertility.  Specifically, we are investigating how
ANT, and its orthologues from other species, maintain meristematic
competence of cells and coordinate growth and cell proliferation during
organogenesis.  We are identifying genes that are upstream and
downstream of ANT in this regulatory pathway, as well as proteins that
interact with ANT. Our previous work is described in the following
publications:

Mizukami and Fischer (2000) Plant organ size control: AINTEGUMENTA
regulates growth and cell numbers during organogenesis. Proc. Natl.
Acad. Sci. USA 97:942-947.

Klucher et al. (1996) The AINTEGUMENTA Gene in Arabidopsis Required for
Ovule and Female Gametophyte Development is Related to the Floral
Homeotic Gene APETALA2.  Plant Cell 8, 155-168.

We seek a highly motivated person with a Ph.D. degree who has
demonstrated an ability to carry out outstanding research in the fields
of genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry or cell biology.  Please
send your resume and the email addresses of three references to

Robert Fischer
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology
111 Koshland Hall
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720
rfischer at uclink4.berkeley.edu
http://plantbio.berkeley.edu/faculty/faculty_pages/Fischer.html
Telephone: 510-642-1314,     Fax: 510-642-9017

The University of California at Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity
Employer