InsertWatch - a new reverse genetics service from NASC

Jamie Kincaid jamie at thale.life.nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Nov 27 11:06:52 EST 2000

The Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre (NASC) is pleased to announce a
new service: InsertWatch (http://arabidopsis.org.uk/insertwatch).

For the last few months NASC has made available a BLAST server that
allows researchers to look for 'insert sequences' that might match a gene
of their interest (see http://arabidopsis.org.uk/blast.html), and then
order the corresponding insert lines.

Our new service (InsertWatch) will still tell you immediately if a
sequence contains a match to an insert sequence, but we will
additionally register your sequence in a private database and 'watch' for
new insert sequences that are released which may match.

NASC will be distributing several new populations of lines in 2001
representing several thousand new insert sequences. InsertWatch automates
searching these sequences and simplifies ordering the stocks.

If a match is found between a sequence of yours and an 'insert sequence'
then you are notified by email with a personalised report. This report
contains direct and specific links into our seed catalogue should you wish
to order these potential knockout lines. In addition we provide links into
AGR to summarise the potential genomic location of the insert sequence (as
identified by BLAST analysis).

InsertWatch is provided free of charge and users can unsubscribe from the
service at any time and their sequences will be removed from the database.

Jamie Kincaid & Keith Bradnam (developers of InsertWatch)

Send questions, comments, suggestions to insertwatch at nasc.nott.ac.uk

http://arabidopsis.org.uk/
Nottingham Arabidopsis Stock Centre (NASC)
Plant Science Division
School of Biosciences
University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2RD

Phone: 0115 951 3091	Fax: 0115 951 3297