Faculty Positions Available

DAVID W MEINKE meinke at okstate.edu
Wed Oct 11 13:44:28 EST 2000

Dear Colleagues:

Two tenure-track faculty positions, one in plant cell biology and the
other in plant molecular genetics, are available in my department at
Oklahoma State University.  Please see the job announcement below and
contact either me or Dr. Becky Johnson, Head, Department of Botany, for
additional details on the positions. We are anxious to find individuals
with a commitment to developing a strong, independent research program
capable of attracting external funding, and a genuine interest in teaching
at the graduate and undergraduate levels. Further details on Stillwater,
OSU faculty in molecular plant biology, and related programs at the S.R.
Noble Foundation in Ardmore, OK can be obtained at:
http://plantbionet.okstate.edu.

Regards,

David Meinke

FACULTY POSITIONS AVAILABLE

ASSISTANT PROFESSORS

PLANT CELL BIOLOGY AND PLANT MOLECULAR GENETICS

The Department of Botany, Oklahoma State University, seeks a plant cell
biologist and a molecular geneticist for two tenure track appointments to
complement existing plant biotechnology programs
(http://plantbionet.okstate.edu). Applicants should have at least one year
of postdoctoral experience and will be expected to establish a productive
research program with external funding. Excellence in teaching is
required.

CELL BIOLOGIST: Emphasis on investigating structural or developmental
phenomena using emerging research techniques. Course responsibilities
include plant anatomy and microtechniques as well as a graduate course in
area of expertise.

MOLECULAR GENETICIST: Emphasis on work in molecular genetics, genomics, or
bioinformatics. Course responsibilities include cellular and molecular
biology and one other course, possibly genetics, as well as a graduate
course in area of expertise.

The department desires to increase representation of women and minorities.
To assure full consideration, submit curriculum vitae, statements of
teaching philosophy and research goals, and names of three references by
December 10, 2000 to: Head, Department of Botany, Oklahoma State
University, Stillwater, OK 74078; e-mail: bjohnso at okstate.edu (Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer)

-----
David W. Meinke
Department of Botany
Oklahoma State University