request for brevipedicellus alleles

Dan Riggs riggs at scar.utoronto.ca
Thu Oct 19 08:39:37 EST 2000

Dear Arabidopsis community:

My laboratory has been working on the characterization of the
brevipedicellus (bp) mutant (this is the mutant which is shown on the
AIMS site intro webpage with downward pointing flowers and siliques).
We have several alleles of this locus, generated by fast neutrons, EMS,
and T-DNA (but T-DNA doesn't segregate with phenotype).  All of these
are due to large deletions (>20kbp) and we infer that this region of the
genome is unstable and prone to deletions/rearrangements.  We are
interested in obtaining more alleles of bp in order to more thoroughly
examine instability.  I am writing to ask all those mutant screeners out
there to send us seeds from such mutants as they arise.   Thank you for
your time and  interest.

--
Dan Riggs
Botany Department