Open position

Carl Johnson carl.h.johnson at vanderbilt.edu
Mon Oct 23 12:59:25 EST 2000

	Please note the following ad for a rank-open tenure-track (or tenured)
position. The ad has appeared in Science and Nature. Our department is
serious about trying to hire a plant molecular geneticist that is
working on one of the topics listed in the ad.

	I'd also like to add that a new building is under construction for our
department and it will include a state-of-the-art rooftop greenhouse.

	Best wishes,

	Carl Johnson

	Vanderbilt University

	Molecular Genetics Faculty Position

The Department of Biological Sciences at Vanderbilt University seeks
candidates to fill a rank-open, tenured or tenure-track faculty
position in molecular genetics for the 2001-02 or 2002-03 academic
year.  We are especially interested in candidates studying replication,
recombination, repair, protein or RNA targeting, cytoskeleton, or
intracellular organization, in any system, including plants.  The
central criteria for this position are excellence in research and the
ability to teach effectively at undergraduate and graduate levels.  For
information about the Department, visit our Web site:
http://www.biosci.vanderbilt.edu.  Women and minority candidates are
especially encouraged to apply.  Applicants should send a letter of
application together with a curriculum vitae, a statement of current
and future research interests, and selected reprints to Molecular
Genetics Search Committee, Department of Biological Sciences,
Vanderbilt University, VU Station B 351634, Nashville, TN 37235-1634
U.S.A.  Junior faculty applicants should also arrange for three letters
of  recommendation to be sent to the same address.  Senior faculty
applicants should provide a list of at least six references who would
be willing to provide letters on request.  Review of applications will
begin November 13 and will continue until the position has been filled.
  Vanderbilt University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity

</x-rich>