Post doc position at Carnegie

David Ehrhardt ehrhardt at andrew2.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 31 20:13:36 EST 2000

in plant cell biology and development.

Two positions are available for postdoctoral study in my lab at The
Carnegie Institution of Washington, Department of Plant Biology.  We
have isolated a collection of subcellular tags in Arabidopsis by
generating and screening a GFP::cDNA fusion library for sequences that
confer subcellular localization patterns to GFP (Cutler et al., 2000,
PNAS 97:3718-3723).  There are a variety of projects available
concerning the characterization and use of these tags, especially as
regards a putatuve <italic>in vivo</italic> marker for plasmodesmata.
We would like to exploit this marker to learn more about plasmodesmal
structure, assembly, and function.  This is a multidisciplinary study
entailing confocal microscopy of living tissue, application of cell
biological methods, transgenic manipulation, interaction screening, and
genetic screening.  Please see our website at deepgreen.stanford.edu
for additional information.  This is an NIH-funded project.  The
Department of Plant Biology is located on the Stanford University
campus in Palo Alto, California.

Please send inquiries to:

David Ehrhardt

Department of Plant Biology

Carnegie Institution of Washington

260 Panama St.

Stanford, CA  94305

ehrhardt at andrew2.stanford.edu

David Ehrhardt			phone (650) 325-1521 x261

Carnegie Institution of Washington	FAX (650) 325-6857

290 Panama St.

Stanford, CA 94305

</x-rich>