TAIR update announcement

Sue Rhee rhee at acoma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Apr 2 15:28:15 EST 2001

We are pleased to announce several updates and additions at TAIR:

  	http://arabidopsis.org

1. BLAST (http://arabidopsis.org/Blast/)
Now includes genome sequences from AGI, all genes, cds, and protein
sequences kindly provided by TIGR.
NOTE: The summary graphic has been turned off due to some technical
problems.  An improved version will be coming soon.

2. Arabidopsis Genome Update
(http://arabidopsis.org/info/agicomplete.html)
This is to provide the researchers the current state of the
genome, including information about known gaps, genome sequence monitoring
at TAIR, and the TIGR/MIPS/TAIR genome reannotation plan.

3. Cereon SNP/INDEL Update (http://arabidopsis.org/Cereon/index.html)
There is a third release of Cereon's Polymorphism collection, kindly
provided by Dr. Steve Rounsley at Cereon Genomics. The collection now
contains 56,670 nucleotide polymorphisms between Columbia and Landsberg
erecta.

4. Gene Hunter Updated
(http://arabidopsis.org/cgi-bin/geneform/geneform.pl)
Gene Hunter is a comprehensive gene name searching engine for Arabidopsis
that searches a number of databases/websites for gene names.

5. MapViewer Updated (http://arabidopsis.org/servlets/mapper)
Our MapViewer now allows searching with wildcards (e.g. ag*, *ap*) and
displays hits on multiple chromosomes.

The TAIR Team
Anell, Bengt; Beavis, Bill; Chen, GuangHong; Doyle, Aisling;
Garcia-Hernandez, Margarita; Huala, Eva; Meinke, David; Miller, Neil;
Mueller, Lukas; Murtha, Bryan; Reiser, Leonore; Rhee, SeungYon;
Somerville, Chris; Town, Chris; Weems, Dan; Wu, Yihe; Yoon, JungWon.