two hybrid system and extracellular proteins

Nobody nobody at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Apr 4 10:46:26 EST 2001

Dear colleagues,
I would like to identify proteins interacting with an extracellular LRR
protein using the "yeast two-hybrid system". I assume that this approach
has been extensively tempted and I would be very pleased if you could
share your experience with me. I particularly wonder which  system is
more appropriate in regard to the extracellular environement (our
prelimminary experiment using the Cytotrap system of Stratagene were
unsuccessful). Is the pH difference between the normal cell wall
environement of the bait and the yeast cytoplasm important? Are there
alternative methods which have been shown to be more suited to for plant
extracellular proteins (phage display)?
Any advice or references will be highly welcome.

--
Nicolas Baumberger
Institute of Plant Biology, University of Z=FCrich
Email: nbaumber at botinst.unizh.ch