Help needed on killing flies

Junjie Li junjie at waksman.rutgers.edu
Mon Apr 9 19:33:55 EST 2001

Hi,

We met a serious problem in our lab about the growth chamber. There are
quite a lot of flies called Fungus Gnats which fed on the arabidopsis
leaves. At the beginning, we used gnatrol in the water for planting to try
to control it, but it turned out not to work. The greenhouse manager
suggested to spray some insecticide called olympic insecticidal soap to
plants. But he don't know which dosage is effective but safe for
arabidopsis(not hurt plant). Could anybody have some knowledge about this
and kindly give us some suggestions?

Thanks

Sincerely yours,
Junjie