tet/lac repressor

Nobody nobody at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Apr 10 02:14:39 EST 2001

Dear Kristen,

we tried the lac system in protoplasts (see Plant Cell 6: 1607-1621=20
(1994); and Plant Journal 22, 1-8 (2000)), but in our hands we could=20
not get the repressor to respond to IPTG. However, our Lac::VP16=20
fusion served as a nice positive control, and we have created the=20
respective reporter constructs (on the basis of work of Labow et al.=20
MCB 10, 3343-3356 (1990)). I dont know why LacI did not get off the=20
DNA, but it could simply be that the compounds did not reach the=20
protein.
If you want to try Lac, you can request the constructs from us. But=20
tet might be a better choice.

Best regards, Bernd

>Hi All,
>I was wondering if anyone has been successful in using the tet or lac
>repressor/operator system in Arabidopsis.  I would like to try controlling
>gene expression in Arabidopsis protoplasts using the tet and lac
>repressors under the control of CaMV 35S promoter.  Does anyone have, or
>know of someone who has,  the CaMV 35S promoter with the tet or lac
>operator sites inserted?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Kristen Amuzzini
>amuzzini at bu.edu

>Kristen L. Amuzzini
>Center for BioDynamics                       Phone: (617) 353-5463
>Center for Advanced Biotechnology            Phone: (617) 353-8505
>Department of Biomedical Engineering         Fax:   (617) 353-5462
>Boston University
>44 Cummington Street, Boston, MA 02215
>

>---

--=20
PD Dr. Bernd Weisshaar
MPI fuer Zuechtungsforschung (english: MPI for Plant Breeding Research)
Carl-von-Linn=E9-Weg 10
50829 Koeln
Germany

Tel. office: +49-221-5062 850