GSA DeLill Nasser Fund

Charles S. Gasser csgasser at ucdavis.edu
Thu Apr 12 11:20:57 EST 2001

<x-flowed>Dear Arabanetters:

We recently learned of a fund that has been established by the
Genetics Society of America to honor the contributions and support of
DeLill Nasser who recently passed away.  I thought the Arabidopsis
community would like to know of this because of DeLill's long term
support of efforts to develop Arabidopsis as a research organism, and
her support of our community in general.  Below is the information we
have to date on the fund.

>   The Genetics Society of America has recently established a fund for
>   students and postdocs in DeLill Nasser's (program director for genetics at
>   the NSF from 1978 to December, 2000) name.  It will be called the "DeLill
>   Nasser Award for Professional Development in Genetics" and will provide
>   funds primarily for travel and expenses related to attending meetings,
>   workshops or courses.
>   Donations to the fund are tax-deductible.  Checks should be made out to
>   the Genetics Society of America, with a notation on the check that it is
>   for the DeLill Nasser Award, and mailed to:
>
>   The Genetics Society of America
>   9650 Rockville Pike
>   Bethesda, MD 20814-3998
>
>   The journal Genetics will have an article on DeLill and formal
>   announcement of the award fund.  It should appear in the June issue.
>   However, the society is prepared to receive checks at any time.

The North American Arabidopsis Steering Committee:

Chuck Gasser
Steve Kay
Mary Lou Guerinot
Kathryn Barton
Peter McCourt
Mike Sussman
Bonnie Bartel
Eric Richards

=======================================
Charles S. Gasser, Ph.D.
Professor
Section of Molecular and Cellular Biology
University of California
1 Shields Ave.
Davis, CA  95616

csgasser at ucdavis.edu