Chromatin Structure and Dynamics research

Eric Lam lam at AESOP.RUTGERS.EDU
Thu Apr 26 14:33:36 EST 2001

Dear Arabidopsis Researchers,

As described in the advertisement below, we have available
immediately a number of openings for Postdoc fellows, graduate
assistantships and technician positions for our NSF-funded genome
project.  For those of you who has an interest to pursue study of
chromatin structure and dynamics in near real-time conditions, we
would like to hear from you as soon as possible to explore the
possibility of your joining our team.

Sincerely,
Eric Lam

POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW, GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIP AND TECHNICIAN POSITIONS

In Vivo Imaging of Chromatin Organization and Dynamics by GFP-Tagging.
Several postdoctoral fellow, graduate assistantship and technician
positions are immediately available to join a team of researchers at
Rutgers University and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory to study
chromatin organization in Arabidopsis.  This is an NSF funded project
with 5 years of funding that aims to completely chart the 3-D
structure of interphase nuclei in a living plant.  By wide-field
fluorescence deconvolution microscopy, we have successfully adapted
the Green Fluorescent Protein to visually track specific insertion
sites that were introduced into the Arabidopsis genome.  Using
multiple spectral variants for GFP, we plan to generate a large
number of disperse insertion lines that should allow us to produce a
global chart of the relative positions between different points in
the genome.  More complete description about our project can be found
at the website:
https://www.fastlane.nsf.gov/servlet/showaward?award=0077617.
Postdoc fellowship applicants must be motivated and have good
training in mol

Eric Lam
Professor of Plant Science
Biotech Center, Foran Hall