Faculty Positions at Texas A&M

Tom McKnight mcknight at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Wed Aug 15 17:26:07 EST 2001

As detailed in the ad below, the Department of Biology at Texas A&M
University is seeking to fill three tenure-track faculty positions in
the coming year.  One of these positions is specifically designated for
a plant biologist, and my own preference is that we fill at least one of
the other positions with a plant person  also.

Tom McKnight

Assistant Professor Positions
Department of Biology
Texas A&M University

As part of a University-wide expansion of life sciences at Texas A&M
University, the Department of Biology invites applications for three
tenure-track Assistant Professor positions. We seek ambitious scientists
who wish to pursue fundamental biological questions using model systems.

One position is specifically dedicated to a tenure-track assistant
professor in the area of Plant Genetics or Genomics.  The two remaining
positions are open with respect to research emphasis. Biologists who
take modern, innovative approaches to basic research in any area are
encouraged to apply.  We are particularly interested in those who will
enhance existing programs in Plant Molecular Biology, Biological Clocks,
Developmental Biology, Microbial Genomics and Cell Biology.

Successful candidates will be expected to establish vigorous,
extramurally funded research programs and to be active in graduate and
undergraduate teaching.  For full consideration, applicants should
submit curriculum vitae, statement of research and teaching interests,
and three letters of recommendation by Oct. 1 2001 to: Faculty Search
Committee, Department of Biology, Texas A&M University, 3258 TAMU,
College Station, TX 77843-3258.  Information about our department can be
found at www.bio.tamu.edu. Texas A&M is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and has a policy of being responsive to the needs of dual-career
couples.