postdoctoral position in Grenoble/CEA, France

June M. Kwak jkwak at biomail.ucsd.edu
Fri Aug 17 19:21:09 EST 2001

      A postdoctoral position is available at the CEA/Grenoble, France,
starting January 2002, to study the molecular mechanisms controlling
actin dynamics in plants.
      We proposed to characterize the plant homologue of Arp2/3 complex,
an essential coordinator of localized actin dynamics in response to
extra- or intracellular signals. The plant Arp2/3 complex will be
characterized using molecular (cloning of the corresponding cDNA) and
biochemical approaches (protein purification techniques). The effects of
the Arp2/3 complex on actin assembly will be further studied in vitro
and in vivo. We will use the resulting information to understand how
Arp2/3 complex functions as an effector of signal transduction to induce
actin filament reorganization. To answer these questions, we proposed to
mimic signal-induced actin polymerization in extracts of BY-2 tobacco
cells to identify the various molecules involved in this signaling
cascade.
      CEA/Grenoble, located in the center of Grenoble, provides a unique
environment in cell and structural Biology.
Applications including a full CV and the names and addresses of two
referees should be addressed to:

Dr. Laurent Blanchoin
CEA/Grenoble
PCV,Bat C2