Graduate Assistantship-University of Washington

Keiko U. Torii ktorii at u.washington.edu
Mon Dec 3 15:21:57 EST 2001

Graduate Assistantship Available
Department of Botany at the University of Washington, Seattle

A graduate Assistantship is available for incoming Ph.D. students who
want to study Arabidopsis developmental genetics in the laboratory of
Keiko Torii at the University of Washington.  Our research is directed
toward understanding roles of receptor-like kinase in Arabidopsis organ
development.  Specifically, we are investigating signaling mechanism by
which the Arabidopsis receptor-like kinase ERECTA regulates organ
elongation (See references: Lease, KA et al. 2001 New Phytol 151,
133-144; Torii, KU 2000 Curr Opin Plant Biol 3, 361-367; Torii, KU et
al.1996. Plant Cell 8, 735-746).  Currently, we are getting exciting
data on structure/functional analysis of ERECTA, which suggests a novel
mode of action for this receptor-like kinase.

Students can apply to the Torii lab through the Ph.D. Program in Botany
(http://depts.washington.edu/botweb/gradprogram/graduate.html) or
through the Interdepartmental Molecular and Cellular Biology (MCB)
Program (http://depts.washington.edu/mcb/cgi/applicants.cgi).  Please
follow the instructions for application to the graduate school.

Thanks!

Keiko Torii

Keiko U. Torii, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

Hitchcock Hall 544               Phone: (206)221-5701
Department of Botany            Fax:   (206)685-1728
University of Washington        e-mail:ktorii at u.washington.edu
Box. 355325
Seattle, WA 98195-5325
http://faculty.washington.edu/ktorii