in situs

Kim Leonie Johnson k.johnson at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Dec 4 20:27:03 EST 2001

We have been doing in situs on Arabidopsis leaves and flowers using DIG
and have had unusual colour changes.  The controls dont appear to change
but the others turn a brown/purple colour rather than blue after addition
of NBT/BCIP.  The NBT/BCIP is not off as far as we know and the
colour buffer was the correct pH.  Also there is uneven staining of the
slides with tissue colouring at the frosted end and very little or not at
all at the other.  Some tissue was also washing off even though the slides
were coated - is this just a matter of being more gentle?  Thankyou, Kim

Kim Johnson
Plant Cell Biology Research Centre
Botany Department
University of Melbourne