protein modelling

Alastair Yong Tixyliks at btopenworld.com
Wed Dec 12 21:14:36 EST 2001

I am a computing student from the universtity of sunderland. My first degree
is in biochemistry. My final project for my computing degree is a comparison
of arabidopsis and yeast saccharmomyces. I need some information regarding
recent progress in determining tertiary protein structure as well as some
secondary so I can program algorithms for comparison. As an alternative from
using sequence to define structure ...I propose using structure to define
sequence. My argument is, structure of transcribed proteins is known. Is it
not wiser to use, and apply this knowledge to find similar patterns within
the genome.(Genomes are known completely with up to 5% error with modern
technique).

         Any opinions would be appreciated

                     Y.S Alastair Yong