Affymetrix arabidopsis chip problems

Dr. M. G. Salter mgs5 at leicester.ac.uk
Tue Feb 6 05:47:29 EST 2001

<x-html><!x-stuff-for-pete base="" src="" id="0"><!DOCTYPE HTML
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>
<DIV>Hi,</DIV>
<DIV>We are trying to use the Affymetrix Arabidopsis chip on a
machine installed
at Leicester. We have used the qiagen RNeasy kit as reccomended by Affymetrix
and are getting RNA at&nbsp;expected yields and purity from the extractions.
When this RNA goes into the cDNA-invitro transcription process required for
analysis we are getting no amplification of the RNA with cRNA yields similar to
the amount put in from the extraction. Anyone have any experience of using the
Affy system and can give suggestions on alternative ways of extracting or
processing the RNA?&nbsp;One suggestion has been to use short oligo dT for the
cDNA synthesis rather than the longer versions more common for use in mamalian
systems, anyone got any comments on this?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Mike Salter.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Dr. M. G. Salter,<BR>The Department of
Biology,<BR>Adrian Building,<BR>The University of
Leicester,<BR>Leicester,<BR>LE2 7RH</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>0116 252 3339</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

</x-html>