(NONE)

Mannie Liscum LiscumM at missouri.edu
Tue Feb 13 13:14:10 EST 2001

<x-flowed>Arabiphiles

I'm betting that many of you have recently received information from
Polaris Instruments pitching their "Vacuseed" system for dispensing
individual Arabidopsis seed.  I thought I would pass on some
information to the community about a product, a Precision English
Seeder, that has existed for some time that is MUCH cheaper to do the
job.  While Vacuseed costs 445 pounds, the PES costs only $24.95.
Both work via a vacuum to suck up the seed and expiration to deposit
the seed.  What makes Vacuseed expensive is the vacuum pump which is
replaced on the PES with a simple hand bulb.  Check out this product
at http://www.gardeners.com/sell.asp?ProdGroupId=11549.  (I am
neither endorsing Gardeners or "dedorsing" Polaris...just thought the
info would be handy).
--

Cheers,
Mannie

Mannie Liscum
Assistant Professor
Division of Biological Sciences
108C Tucker Hall
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211

email: liscumm at missouri.edu
office:573-882-2672; 108C Tucker Hall
lab:573-882-2675 ;108 Tucker Hall
fax: 573-882-0123
web page: http://www.biosci.missouri.edu/liscum/LiscumLabPage.html
US Plant Photobiolgy 2001 Meeting web page:
http://www.biosci.missouri.edu/liscum/uspp01.html

"The ending is just the beginning. The closer you get to the meaning,
the sooner you'll find that you're dreaming"....RJD

The Univeristy of Missouri-Columbia does not accept responsibility
for the contents of this email, nor does it reflect the official
position of the University.

---

</x-flowed>