T-DNA integration

donna pattison dpattis at bioc.rice.edu
Thu Feb 15 11:58:21 EST 2001

Arabidopsis Researchers,

I am working with several mutants with T-DNA inserts.  In attempting to
clone the Arabidopsis DNA flanking the T-DNA insert I have found that a
large amount of vector sequence outside both the T-DNA right and left
borders has been inserted into the plant along with the T-DNA.  Has anyone
seen this happen on both sides of the T-DNA before?  Is it a common
occurrence?  Can anyone recommend some references where this phenomenon is
discussed?  Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Donna Pattison
dpattis at bioc.rice.edu
Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Rice University