postdoc opening

Pat Bedinger bedinger at lamar.colostate.edu
Thu Jan 25 17:30:59 EST 2001

<x-flowed>I would like to post this position.  Thank you.

Header =
Colorado Postdoc in pollen-pistil interactions: Patricia Bedinger

Postdoctoral Position at Colorado State University

We are investigating the molecular components of pollen-pistil
interactions in plants.  I am seeking a postdoctoral fellow to study
the role of pollen extensin-like (Pex) proteins in reproduction using
transgenic Arabidopsis and tomato.  In addition, the postdoc will use
the yeast 2-hybrid system and other protein-protein interaction
methods to identify ligands of the Pex proteins.

Candidates should have a Ph.D. in plant biology, molecular biology,
genetics, or a related field, along with evidence of research
potential as demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Experience in molecular biology, biochemistry and plant
transformation is essential.

To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, c.v.,
representative publications, and names and addresses of three
referees to:

Patricia Bedinger,  Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Biology
Colorado State University