in situ hybe

Rachel rgeddy at po-box.mcgill.ca
Mon Jan 29 21:07:29 EST 2001

I am performing a radioactive in situ hybridization study and have come
to the point of developing my slides. Two tester slides have me quite
confused. Is the NTB-2 emulsion supposed to stay on the slide,
effectively covering the sections, or is it supposed to come off to
reveal the silver grains? All protocols I have seen neglect to mention
this detail, and I have one slide with a emulsion layer which won't come
off and one whose emulsion layer is coming off in pieces.

Thanks for your advice.

Rachel Geddy
McGill University